Five Side Hustles To Try This Year!
It’s been a funny old year! With a pandemic and lockdowns, job losses, home losses and issues with health, more and more people are looking for ways to earn a little money on the side. It’s not a shock: this year has been tough on the wallets of most people. Whether you haven’t been able to go to work or your entire job has been cancelled off, you need to figure out a way to earn money.
The best time to earn cash if you already have a job is in your spare time. The evenings where you have a couple of hours to kill, the mornings before the school run – there is always time to work something in if you’re organized enough. You can pursue independent delivery driver careers or you can deliver leaflets. You could turn your hand to becoming a personal trainer if you wanted to. The point is that you have all of the time in the world to figure it out if you want! Below, we’ve put together some excellent ideas for you to be able to start your own side hustle this year.
- Sell Stuff! Your old items of furniture and clothing that are sitting in the garage and the loft? Get them down and get them listed online. Either eBay them or get onto the social media marketplaces, and you can start listing things and start being more creative with your sales, too. Look at websites that allow you to sell them where you can promote your items and get rid of all the clutter! If you haven’t used it in three months, add it to the pile!
- Start Blogging. You don’t have to become an influencer, but if you have some great knowledge on a topic that you can talk forever about, then get blogging. You can write content that stands out to others, and when you do it, people will want to read what you have to say. Believe it or not you can earn money on your blog. All you need is to be open to allowing advertisers on your site and you can bring in a lot of interest when you pay for additional advertising! Blogs can work while you sleep, which works as an excellent option for passive income and you just have to bulk-write once a week before scheduling the posts to be uploaded daily! It’s pretty clever!
- Sell Pictures. When you take gorgeous photographs, you can sell them to stock websites and every time people use your image, you earn money! This is a great way to get your photographs out there into the world, and you are using a hobby to earn cash, which is one of the best things that you can do if you know how to do something well.
- Monetise Your Hobby. Speaking of making money from a hobby – what can you do that you can sell? Baking? Sewing? Coaching? No matter what it is, put it out there into the world and make sure that people know that you can do them. If you are a cupcaking God, then you’re going to be able to make a lot of cash off of your side hustle, and you won’t even realise how great you are until it all starts selling fast.
- Deliver. Do you have a car? You can pick up and deliver for other people in your spare time to add cash to your wallet. It doesn’t have to be many hours, but there are plenty of ites out there that can give you a push to being a courier in your spare time.