Ok, so this is branded as a “Weetabix Cake” but you can use any wheat biscuits! The result is a cake that’s crunchy on the outside, and squidgy in the middle. There’s no added sugar (the sultanas make it sweet enough), so it makes it a winner for all the family.
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
* Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4
* Line a 1lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper
* Mix together the milk, water and egg
* Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl, and add the milk/water/egg mixture. Leave it for 5 * minutes to soak up the liquid, then give it a quick mix
* Stir mix in the flour and mixed spice
* Spoon your mixture into the loaf tin, and bake for 1 hour, until cooked through.
* Cool on a wire rack
You can of course vary the dried fruit, but if you remove the sultanas, it won’t be as sweet. It’s a great cake if you’re following Slimming World, and it’s a great treat for toddlers too.